
Today is another HappySad day in Ekelundville. Today, we gave Wendy Underpants to Hans. We are happy to give the van away because we have been blessed by the Bowmans and the Fludes with vehicles. We are also happy to give the van to someone we know, and someone who needs it. It also feeds my OCD with patterns; Fludes give us Fenway (by the way that is the green van's name) --> we give Hellands Wendy --> Fludes take over for Hellands.

Wendy, Fenway, & Tony
Here is a brief history (similar to a eulogy except she isn't dead...yet) of Wendy Underpants. First of all, Wendy is the first vehicle either Adam or I ever bought, and she is the first vehicle we bought together as a married couple in 2001 from Ed Pettigrew. Her name came about because our license plate was WU-160 (RI plate). That plate iz immortalized on one of the famouz wallz at Zorbaz (Otter Tail Lake).
She was briefly taken from us while I worked in Providence. Someone smashed the driverside window and used a spare key to have a little joy ride. Dana found her a couple days later just wet on the inside with a few of our belongings taken, but our wedding negatives still there. Praise the Lord! The Lord is merciful!
My dad drove her out here from Maine when we moved in July 2003. She has driven Melissa Vold and I to West Acres in Fargo when we were both 8 months pregnant. Everyone gawked at us as we walked (briefly) around the mall. She has seen three Ekelund babies join our family (not first hand, but a couple of days old...gross). She will be missed, but the Hellands said that I still have visiting privileges. YAY!

So long old girl!
3 comments:
This must be the time of year to get rid of cars. We are getting rid of the first car we bought here today. Our family outgrew it a little quicker than we expected! That's ok, Pastor Rocky will enjoy it!
I'm so sorry that Wendy left your family! Kind of grossed out by the visual I was seeing of Wendy actually being around to see all three of your babies being born....kind of twisted....crap I'm gonna dream about that tonight! I guess I'll tell you how it turns out. Glad that you were able to give the car to someone who needed it! :-)
wendy underpants???
wow...thats some name....
:)
Alex
Post a Comment