Today is a HappySad day. If I could deny my selfish nature, it would be a happy day, but as Paul says, it will always be a part of us.
Today the Flude family leaves to start their exciting missionary adventure. They have an awesome story about how the Lord called them to be missionaries. You should ask them about it. Anyway, they are leaving for France tomorrow for language study, and then they will be heading to Chad, Africa to serve Him overseas in the Welcome Center in Ndjamena.
I am happy because it has been a long journey for them to actually get started. They went through the process of applying for visas this summer, and didn't get them until yesterday. God gives us what we need when we need it. It may be frustrating for us because we don't see the whole picture, but God does, and He is in control anyway. I am happy because I know what it is like to feel like you are right where God wants you. I am happy they get to feel that comfort and joy.
I am sad because I am selfish. They are our closest friends here in Fergus at the moment. Going to school somewhere is tough because friends come and go. And although we are permenantly bonded in Christ, and we will see them in heaven, it is like a death in the family. The relationship changes like you wish it wouldn't.
I will miss Steve's engineer (short and to the point) emails (although I am sure those will continue). I will miss how jealous I am of how laid back, pretty, AND supermom Janice is. I will miss how beautiful Alex is while reading a book or sketching in a corner. I will miss calling Payton "Master Flude" and getting our lawn mowed. I will miss Gracey being a chick I could totally hang out with even though we are 19 years apart, and what a great wife and mom she will be one day. I will miss Emma's athleticism and toughness. She reminds me of myself when I was her age. I will miss the amazing drawing talent of Keturah, and how cool I think her name is. I will miss Liddy's smile. Here is a girl that can cheer you up no matter how mad or sad you might be. I will miss Ethan because he was such a great friend for Caleb. Caleb had someone to look up to that was tons of fun. I will miss Tawnee because I have always wanted a red haired little girl. I hope she forgives Caleb for the Lincoln Log scar on her forehead when she gets older. I also hope she is an Ekelund some day. I will miss Esther's adorable unicorn horn on the top of her head, and here is another Flude with a gorgeous smile.
We love you guys a lot, and hope we see you before we get to heaven.
3 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to a great family! I'm sure they'll miss your friendship as well, when they're far away! Saying goodbye is such a HARD thing...
If you ever decide to go visit in Africa, GIVE ME A CALL!
I loved reading your blog. Now I wish I had gotten to meet them. Remember, it's a small, small world and you never know what God has in store for you... :o)
It made me miss all of the friends we met in seminary, too. I wish I could call you up right now and go out for coffee. Hope you have a great day!
Wow, I just read this blog..I guess I wasn't aware of the blog before now, Gracey showed it to me. I had tears in my eyes reading it and I really appreciate your kinds word. Kari is right, we DO miss your friendship!! We still do Adam's "Do it" phrase. Love that!!
Can't wait to see you in Africa!!
love you bunches,
janice
Post a Comment