Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Surprise Trip to Duluth

Adam had a vacation week July 23rd, and I thought we were just going to enjoy having him home in the evenings, but on Monday morning at 9am he said, "Priceline a hotel in Duluth. We are taking a surprise vacation."

I have been surprised only twice in my life before this; one was a surprise party in high school and two was Adam's proposal. We had never been to Duluth, but wanted to see something new. We stayed two nights at a less than stellar hotel, but all we needed was a good swimming pool for the kids. Who cares if the moulding on the door separating the adjacent room was cracked and falling off? Who cares if my kids get splintered or we get slaughtered in our sleep? :)

We walked in the Leif Erickson Rose Garden, down to the shore of Lake Superior, and to the Great Lakes Aquarium in Duluth. It was very fun. I am going to try to post some pictures later. I don't have them on the computer yet.

3 comments:

Kari, RN said...

HEY!!!! I'm so glad you have a blog! I was so happy to see your comment on mine, and then so excited to get a link over here!

Congrats on finding out it's a BOY, and Norgard Thor Ekelund isn't that bad of a name..... well, it might take some getting used to!

Andrea said...

Hey Rebekah! Glad to find your blog. It is fun to stay up to date this way. Hope the pregnancy is going well. I can't wait to be done!! Glad to hear that you guys got a little vacation to Duluth. I've never been there either but I always hear really great things about it.

Leingang Family said...

Yeah! I am so glad you guys are here! It was a nice thought to go to Duluth, even though it was less than ideal. It will be a great memory.

Congrats on another boy!!! Norgard, Adam? Are you sure? :o)