Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Caleb's 1st & 2nd Day of Preschool





Well, the day has arrived that I must give up control of my little boy.

Monday was orientation at Eisenhower school here in Fergus. Mom & Caleb went to meet the teacher, find his locker, check out the classroom toys & snacks, and ride the school bus around the block. When we got there, we learned that there was another student moving to the area that was 3. So, since Caleb was the oldest 3-yr old, they asked if he would be willing to go to the 4-yr old room. That meant that he would be the youngest AND go to school 4 days a week instead of 2. I had to call Adam on that front because I just got over the fact that he would be gone for 2 mornings a week. Adam said we should go for it.

Dreaded Tuesday arrived. It would be the first day of school without mom. We got up at 7am to get ready. Caleb, Hannah, and I piled into the minivan wiping the sleep out of our eyes...ok that was me. I was worried that Caleb would cry, and in turn, make me cry and not want to leave him. We went into the school. Caleb found his locker and showed it to Hannah. We went into the classroom where Caleb signed it, and he said, "Bye, Mom." He gave me a kiss and went to play with puzzles. Honestly, that was the perfect drop off. I didn't cry...maybe I was too tired to know what was going on.

The bus was scheduled to drop him off around 12:20pm. I went out on the step at 12:05 with my camera. My big boy arrived home, and the first thing out of his mouth before he even got off the bus was, "MOM! I had the most fun day at school today!!"

Praise the Lord! I made it...I mean, Caleb made it.

3 comments:

Leingang Family said...

What!!! He can't be old enough for that yet? He is quite the little man. I am glad he had such a great time at school. That makes it so much better for him and you.

Happy learning, Caleb!

Kari, RN said...

I sure sympathize with your dread of early mornings!

I'm glad you (I mean Caleb) survived school okay. I'll keep praying for him (I mean you!)

Miss you!

Andrea said...

Wow! Such a big boy! Was it weird only having Hannah around?? Glad to hear things went well. When Timothy is gone our house is amazingly quiet and calm which is nice for a change a few afternoons a week. :)